Dr. Phil has published another weight loss book. I checked it out of the library only to read the section on the Top 20 Food Choices to eat.
1. Coconut oil (virgin) is a fit fat.
2. Green Tea
3. Mustard (yellow or Dijon)
5. Olive oil (extra virgin) is a fit fat.
6. Almonds, unsalted raw or dry roasted
8. Chickpeas / garbanzo beans
9. Dried plums / prunes
10. Greens – any kind of leafy green -e.g. arugula, baby mixed greens, bok choy, collard greens, endive, field greens, kale, radicchio, red leaf lettuce, romaine, baby spinach, watercress, etc.
12. Peanut butter (natural) – get the kind with no added sugar.
13. Pistachios (roasted, unsalted)
15. Yogurt (nonfat, nothing added)
20. Whey protein, unsweetened.
This is going to be tooting my own horn however I can vouch for eating these Top 20 Food Choices. Along with my strength training routine for the last four years I have adhered to an eating plan that is comprised of a lot of these food choices.
It can’t be a coincidence that I’m in peak condition and fitness at the same time I’ve been eating these food choices.
If you think you can be helped by following Dr. Phil’s diet plan to the letter, by all means buy his book or check it out of the library.
In my estimation simply eating healthful food 80 percent of the time and incorporating these food choices will be sufficient to see long-term benefits.