Trusting your intuition is key when making changes to improve your health.
Over the years I’ve decided to do things long before I read that an expert said to do these things.
A lot of times it comes down to common sense. In the coming blog entry I’ll talk about a book that has cutting-edge health information for those of us over 40.
Some of the changes I figured out to make were these:
- Only have yogurt 2 to 3 times a week. Make it full-fat plain Fage yogurt mixed in with organic blueberries.
- Eat mostly vegetables and make most of them organic.
- Cook my own dinners more often every week.
- Change how often and how long I work out. After I turned 53 I started to lift weights at home 2x per week for 30 to 40 minutes. Instead of using machines at the gym 3 days a week for 50 minutes each session.
- Rarely drink milk.
- Have a pastry or other “treat” every so often. Progress not perfection is the goal.
- Scramble organic eggs and veggies for breakfast.
After making these changes I lost 12 pounds in one year. I’m also fitter today than I was 7 years ago dead lifting 205 pounds at the gym.
My trainer gave me new Upper and Lower Body routines to do. I’ll post them here in a couple of weeks.
Coming up soon a few recipes as well.